Sunlight, Vitamin D and Skin Cancer [electronic resource] / edited by Jörg Reichrath.
- 2nd ed. 2014.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 2014.
- Biomedical and Life Sciences (Springer-11642)
1 online resource (XXV, 539 pages) : 93 illustrations
- Local subjects:
- Cancer Research.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The goal of this volume is to comprehensively cover a highly readable, updated and extended, overview on our present knowledge of positive and negative effects of UV‑exposure, with a focus on vitamin D and skin cancer. Topics that are discussed in‑depth by leading researchers and clinicians range from the newest findings in endocrinology, epidemiology, histology, photobiology, immunology, cytogenetics and molecular pathology to new concepts for prophylaxis and treatment. Experts in the field as well as health care professionals not intimately involved in these specialized areas are provided with the most significant and timely information related to these topics. It is the aim of the second edition of this book to summarize essential up‑to‑date information for every clinician or scientist interested in how to balance between positive and negative effects of UV‑exposure to minimize the risks of developing vitamin D deficiency and skin cancer.
- Sunlight, Ultraviolet-Radiation, Vitamin D and Skin Cancer: How Much Sunlight Do We Need?
Vitamin D and Cancer: An Overview on Epidemiological Studies
Vitamin D Status and Cancer Incidence and Mortality
Solar Ultraviolet Irradiance and Cancer Incidence and Mortality
Vitamin D Receptors Polymorphisms and Cancer
The Role of Vitamin D for Cardiovascular Disease and Overall Mortality
Epidemiology of Skin Cancer
Histology of Melanoma and Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer
Cytogenetics of Melanoma and Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer
The Immune System and Skin Cancer
Human Papillomaviruses and Skin Cancer
Ultraviolet Damage, DNA Repair and Vitamin D in Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer and in Malignant Melanoma: An Update
Molecular Biology of Basal and Squamous Cell Carcinomas
Solar Ultraviolet-Radiation, Vitamin D and Skin Cancer Surveillance in Organ Transplant Recipients (OTRS): An Update
Therapy of Metastatic Malignant Melanoma: On the Way to Individualized Disease Control
The Vitamin D Receptor: A Tumor Suppressor in Skin
Protection from Ultraviolet Damage and Photocarcinogenesis by Vitamin D Compounds
Interaction of Hedgehog and Vitamin D Signaling Pathways in Basal Cell Carcinomas
Solar Ultraviolet Exposure and Mortality from Skin Tumors
Ultraviolet Radiation and Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma
Sun Exposure and Melanomas on Sun-Shielded and Sun-Exposed Body Areas
Sunlight, Vitamin D and Malignant Melanoma: An Update
Ultraviolet Exposure Scenarios: Risks of Erythema from Recommendations on Cutaneous Vitamin D Synthesis
Ultraviolet-Radiation and Health: Optimal Time for Sun Exposure
Sunscreens in the United States: Current Status and Future Outlook
Health Initiatives for the Prevention of Skin Cancer
Optimal Serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels for Multiple Health Outcomes.
- Reichrath, Jörg. editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-0437-2 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|