Fruits of the harvest : recipes to celebrate Kwanzaa and other holidays / Eric V. Copage ; illustrations by Cheryl Carrington.
- Standardized Title:
- Other Title:
- Recipes to celebrate Kwanzaa and other holidays
- 1st Amistad ed.
- [New York] : Amistad, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers, .
xxvii, , 356,  pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- African American cooking.
Holiday cooking -- United States.
African American cooking.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- From the Publisher: Fruits of the Harvest: Recipes to Celebrate Kwanzaa and Other Holidays offers more than 125 treasured recipes from people of African descent all over the world: Jerked Pork Chops and Fresh Papaya Chutney from Jamaica; New-Fashioned Fried Chicken, a dish from the Deep South; and Tiebou Dienne, Senegalese herb-stuffed fish steaks with seasoned rice. In addition to main courses, there are recipes for a full range of dishes, from appetizers to soups, salads, side dishes, vegetables, breads, beverages, and, of course, desserts. Fried Okra, Antiguan Pepper Pot, Ambrosia Salad and Potato Salad, Garlic-Chedder Grits SoufflE, Caipirinha, and Sweet Potato Tarts in Peanut Butter Crusts are but a few of the delights featured here. And along the way, learn about African American culture, including the seven principles of Kwanzaa and how people of African descent all across the globe celebrate the best their cultures have to offer through food and communion. Fruits of the Harvest: Recipes to Celebrate Kwanzaa and Other Holidays isn't just a cookbook-it's a source of inspiration for the most extravagant of holiday gatherings as well as for a simple Sunday dinner.
How to use this book
- "First Amistad Edition published in 2005."
Originally published under title: Kwanzaa. Morrow, 1991.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0060833246 :
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|