A suffragette in America : reflections on prisoners, pickets and political change / E. Sylvia Pankhurst ; edited and with an introduction by Katherine Connelly.
- Other Title:
- Reflections on prisoners, pickets and political change
- London : Pluto Press, 2019.
xxiii, 188 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Pankhurst, E. Sylvia (Estelle Sylvia), 1882-1960 -- Travel -- United States.
Suffragists -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
Suffragists -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Women -- Political activity -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
Women -- United States -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1909-1913.
- "Published for the first time, this is Sylvia Pankhurst's text about her two tours of North America in 1911 and 1912. An English militant suffragette, she was expected to appeal for support from progressive elites. Instead, Pankhurst identified with the marginalised and recorded their stories"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction / by Katherine Connelly
Sylvia Pankhurst's text and editor's introductions: Preface ; A strike of laundry workers in New York ; Laundries from the inside ; A festival ; Prisoners ; A socialist administration
the Milwaukee city council ; A Red Indian college ; Universities and legislatures ; The South.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Connelly, Katherine, editor, author of introducion, etc.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|