America I am : pass it down cookbook / [edited by] Jeff Henderson with Ramin Ganeshram.
- [2nd edition]
- [New York] : SmileyBooks, 2011.
- Carlsbad, California : Distributed by Hay House, Inc.
xxi, 309 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm
- African American cooking.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
United States California Carlsbad.
- Introduction. Stirring the melting pot: the African American imprint on cooking and food / by Joanne Morris
Starters, soups & salads
Poultry & meats
Pasta, grains & beans
Pass it down menus
Extras-Pickles, condiments, spices & sauces
Generation next: Cooking with kids and young chefs
Your pass it down recipes.
- "This special keepsake preserves African Americans' collective food history through touching essays, celebratory menus, and over 130 soul-filled and soul-inspired recipes."--Cover.
"Design: Charles McStravick."
"1st edition, February 2011. 2nd edition, February 2011."
Publisher's advertisements:  pages at end.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 297-298) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Henderson, Jeff, editor.
Ganeshram, Ramin, editor.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|