Sterling Ruby : WIDW.
- Other Title:
- Brussels : Xavier Hufkens, 2018.
74 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 25 x 31 cm
- Ruby, Sterling, 1972- -- Exhibitions.
Mixed media (Art) -- United States -- Exhibitions.
- Xavier Hufkens is pleased to present a two-venue exhibition of new paintings and collages by Los Angeles-based artist Sterling Ruby. Ruby's DRFTRS and WIDW series are two ever-evolving bodies of work that bear witness to the artist's intense relationship with materials and his interest in issues such as sociocultural evolution, popular culture, and violence. The WIDW paintings (an acronym for 'window'), are executed in acrylic, oil paint, and collaged fragments of cardboard and textile on canvas. In their composite nature, they closely relate to the DRFTRS works on paper. But the materials used in this series reflect yet another form of archaeology: the excavation of the artist's studio. Exhibition: Xavier Hufkens Gallery, Brussels, Belgium (07.09.-20.10.2018).
- Catalog of an exhibition held at Galerie Xavier Hufkens, Brussels, Belgium, September 7-October 20, 2018.
- Galerie Xavier Hufkens (Brussels, Belgium)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|