Some good old Maryland recipes.
- Baltimore : National Brewing Company, ©1942.
 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 13 x 19 cm
- Cooking, American.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Maryland Baltimore.
- Maryland Seafood. Oyster stew; Oysters Chesapeake style; Creamed panned oysters; Pickled oysters; Fried oysters; Crab meat, Maryland Yacht Club; Shell oyster roast; Maryland oyster pie; Creamed oysters Baltimore; Buttered crabs; Devilled crabs; Shrimp curry; Shrimp and rice croquettes; Imperial crab; Crab flake Maryland; Baltimore crab cakes
Maryland Meat Dishes. A muddle-great grandparents served at beach picnics; Maryland sea food stew; Carroll Country fried chicken; Maryland chicken fricassee; Jambalayah; Maryland chicken shortcake; Baked ham; Stuffed ham, Southern Maryland; Fried ham and apples; Pigs feet; Colonial Maryland sausage; Lamb chop brasseur; Maryland pork chops
Maryland Bread Recipes. Batter cakes; Butter crackers (to be served to oysters); Corn muffins; Beaten biscuit; Maryland drop biscuits; Hoe cake; Sally Lunn; Water-ground corn meal; Fried corn pone; Maryland spoon corn bread; Corn pone
Maryland Drinkables. Fish house punch; Regents punch; Eggnog; Mint julep; Mulled cider; Blackberry bounce; Apple toddy; Manhattans-in the Maryland manner; Mint cordial; Confederate punch; Mrs. Bowers' sherry wine; National premium beer
Maryland Stews. Maryland farm stew; Eastern Shore fish stew
Maryland's Famous Token of Gracious Hospitality.
- "What we have tried to do in this little undertaking is to assemble between these covers a collection of the great foods for which Maryland is famous - dishes which mostly originated right here, or, at any rate, attained their greatest heights in this neighborhood."--Introduction.
Illustrated board covers with spiral binding.
Illustrations by Hans Flato.
Order form:  page at end.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Flato, Hans, illustrator.
National Brewing Co.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Cookbooks (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|