Americaner schadchen / Fame Films Inc. presents ; an Edgar G. Ulmer production ; original story, G. Heimo ; screen play, S. Castle ; dialogue, B. Ressler ; directed by Edgar G. Ulmer.
- Other Title:
- Title on container: Ameriḳaner shadkhen
Title on container: American matchmaker
Title on container: אמעריקאניר שדכן
- Waltham, MA : National Center for Jewish Film, [2005?]
1 videodisc (102 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Jews -- United States -- Drama.
Immigrants -- United States -- Drama.
Marriage brokerage -- Drama.
- Comedy films.
- In Yiddish with English subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; all region, NTSC; full screen presentation.
video file DVD video region all
- American matchmaker: Nat Silver has been engaged 7 times already. This time, his 8th, he's really going to get married. But a visitor shows up, Shirley's old boyfriend. With a gun! He'll kill himself unless he can have Shirley back, and Nat graciously gives in. According to Nat's mother, his Uncle Shya was unlucky at love but lucky as a matchmaker, and Nat is just like Shya. Nat then sets himself up with a new name and new business, Nat Gold, Advisor in Human Relations.
I want to be a boarder: The story of a husband and wife who pretend to be landlady and tenant to spice up their marriage.
- American matchmaker
I want to be a boarder = Ikh ṿil zayn a border / [producer/director] Joseph Seiden ; produced by Jewish Talking Picture Co. Inc. (1937, 15 min.).
- Leo Fuchs, Judith Abarbanel, Judel Dubinsky, Anna Guskin, Celia Boodkin, Rosetta Bialis, Abraham Lax. I want to be a boarder: Leo Fuchs, Yetta Zwerling.
- Director of photography, J. Burgi Contner ; camera, E. Hyland ; sound, D. Cole ; art director, W. Saulter ; interior decoration, W. Mack ; editor, Hans E. Mandl ; gowns, E. Rosenthal ; wedding gown, Mme. Berthé ; assistant directors, William Mercur, Anna Guskin ; musical score composed and conducted by Sam Morgenstern ; lyrics by William Mercur ; English titles by S. Rubinstein ; production manager, Gustav Horowitz.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1940; restored in 1998 by the National Center for Jewish Film.
Special features: Program notes; Ulmer biography; Leo Fuchs interview; Restoration information; short film I want to be a boarder.
- Ulmer, Edgar G. (Edgar George), 1904-1972 , Producer, Director
Heimo, G. (Gustav H.), 1895-1986 , Production manager, Screenwriter
Castle, Sherle. , Screenwriter
Ressler, B. , Screenwriter
Fuchs, Leo. , Actor
Abarbanel, Judith. , Actor
Dubinsky, Judel. , Actor
Guskin, Anna. , Actor
Boodkin, Celia. , Actor
Bialis, Rosetta. , Actor
Lax, Abraham. , Actor
Zwerling, Yetta, 1894-1982 , Actor
Contner, J. Burgi. , Cinematographer
Seiden, Joseph. , Producer, Director
Morgenstern, Sam. , Composer, Conductor
Fame Films Inc., production company.
Jewish Talking Picture Co., production company.
National Center for Jewish Film, publisher.
- Container of: I want to be a boarder.
Container of: Ikh ṿil zayn a border.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|