The vision of Purgatory and Paradise / by Dante Alighieri ; translated by the Rev. Henry Francis Cary M.A. and illustrated with the designs of M. Gustave Doré.
- Standardized Title:
- Divina commedia. Selections. English
- New edition, with critical and explanatory notes.
- London ; Paris ; & Melbourne : Cassell and Company Limited, [not before 1883]
xii, 337,  pages, 60 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 34 cm
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 -- Pictorial works.
Purgatory -- Poetry.
Heaven -- Christianity -- Poetry.
- Advertisements -- England -- Scarborough -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- The vision of Dante : Purgatory
The vision of Dante : Paradise.
- Cassell and Company Limited published under that name 1883-1969.
Title in red and black.
Each plate is accompanied by a protective guard sheet printed with descriptive letterpress (including plate number).
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Rudolph Doré Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Robert I. Rudolph, M.D., C’67, M’71, GME’75.
Rudolph Doré Collection copy has tipped in after page 292 advertisement ( pages : illustrations ; 23 cm) for medicines of Dr. Charles Rooke of Scarborough, England, dated "Saturday, December 19th, 1896" on page .
- Penn Provenance:
- Rudolph, Robert I., M.D. (donor) (Rudolph Doré Collection of Gustave Doré copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- 1883 (not before)
- Cary, Henry Francis, 1772-1844, translator.
Doré, Gustave, 1832-1883, illustrator.
Rudolph, Robert I., M.D., former owner.
Cassell & Company, publisher.
Robert I. Rudolph Collection of Gustave Doré (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|