The State Construction of 'Japaneseness' : The Koseki Registration System in Japan / by Masataka Endo.
- Standardized Title:
- Koseki to kokuseki no kin-gendaishi. English
- Balwyn North, Victoria : Trans Pacific Press, 2019. , ©2019.
- Japanese society series 1443-9670
Japanese Society series, 1443-9670.
viii, 337 pages ; 23 cm.
- Citizenship -- Japan -- History.
Recording and registration -- Japan -- History.
Family records -- History.
Registers of births, etc. -- Japan -- History.
Japan -- Genealogy -- Sources.
Recording and registration.
Registers of births, etc.
- Translation from Japanese of: Koseki to kokuseki no kin-gendaishi.
- Tracing the history of the koseki registration system from its inception in the Meiji era through its use in Japan's colonial holdings in the pre-war era & to the present day, this book challenges the very foundations of the system, arguing that it promotes prejudice & discrimination & fosters a divisive understanding of the 'Japanese' as a people.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|