Heritage culture and business, Kyoto style : craftsmanship in the creative economy / Murayama Yūzō ; translated by Juliet Winters Carpenter.
- Standardized Title:
- Kyōto-gata bijinesu. English
- First English edition.
- Tokyo, Japan : Japan Publishing Industry Foundation for Culture, 2019. , ©2019
- Japan library (Shuppan Bunka Sangyō Shinkō Zaidan)
159 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 22 cm
- Corporations -- Japan -- Kyoto -- History.
Business enterprises -- Japan -- Kyoto.
Kyoto (Japan) -- Economic conditions.
Japan -- Kyoto.
- Kyoto is a place where world-class high-tech industries exist alongside heritage industries. Achieving highly competitive strength by keeping a step ahead of the global standard, Kyoto also maintains the spirit of harmony that distinguishes Japanese style management. What is the essence of this style of management? How has Kyoto's traditional culture as a part of daily life been preserved? A study of various unique approaches, based on interviews with managers and craftspeople, this book covers topics from distinct management styles aimed at increasing workforce motivation to the development of capabilities that yield products with high cultural value, and innovation for the sake of business continuity. This book includes hints for the future management of not only Japanese firms but also businesses worldwide.--adapted from publisher's description.
- The culture of craftsmanship at the heart of Kyoto business
Combining tradition and technology
Creating new value from cultural capital
Keeping cultural businesses in business
Culture meets culture
Kyoto culture goes global
The creative economy of Kyoto : implications.
- Originally published in Japan by NHK Publishing, 2008.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 151-157).
- Carpenter, Juliet Winters, translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|