Europa Europa / Les Films du Losange, Margaret Menegoz et CCC-Filmkunst Gmbh, Artur Brauner présentent ; scénario, Agnieszka Holland, d'après les mémoires de Salomon Perel ; une production de Artur Brauner et Margaret Menegoz ; un film de Agnieszka Holland.
- Standardized Title:
- Europa Europa (Motion picture)
- Director-approved DVD special edition.
- [New York, N.Y.] : The Criterion Collection,  , ©2019
- Criterion collection; 985.
Criterion collection ; 985
1 videodisc (112 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.+ 1 folded insert (12 unnumbered pages : illustrations : 18 cm.)
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Perel, Shlomo, 1925- -- Drama.
Hitler-Jugend -- Drama.
Holocaust, Jewish (1939-1945) -- Drama.
Jews -- Germany -- Biography -- Drama.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Jews -- Drama.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, French.
Motion pictures, German.
- In German, Russian and Polish; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.66:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 1
- "As World War II splits Europe, sixteen-year-old German Jew Salomon (Marco Hofschneider) is separated from his family after fleeing with them to Poland, and finds himself reluctantly assuming various ideological identities in order to hide the deadly secret of his Jewishness. He is bounced from a Soviet orphanage, where he plays a dutiful Stalinist, to the Russian front, where he hides in plain sight as an interpreter for the German army, and back to his home country, where he takes on his most dangerous role: a member of the Hitler Youth. Based on the real-life experiences of Salomon Perel, Agnieszka Holland's wartime tour de force Europa Europa is a breathless survival story told with the verve of a comic adventure, an ironic refutation of the Nazi idea of racial purity, and a complex portrait of a young man caught up in shifting historical calamities and struggling to stay alive"--Container.
- Marco Hofschneider, André Wilms, Ashley Wanninger, Klaus Abramowsky, Michèle Gleizer, Delphine Forest, Julie Delpy, Hanns Zischler, Rene Hofschneider.
- Director of photography, Jacek Petrycki; editors, Ewa Smal, Isabelle Lorente; music, Zbigniew Preisner.
- Based on the autobiography of Salomon Perel.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1990.
Title from screen credits.
Special features: new 2K digital restoration, supervised by director Agnieszka Holland; audio commentary from 2008 featuring Holland; new interviews with Holland and actor Marco Hofschneider; new interview with Salomon Perel, on whose autobiography the film is loosely based; new video essay by film scholar Annette Insdorf; new English subtitle translation; an essay by film critic Amy Taubin (on insert).
- Menegoz, Margaret, film producer.
Brauner, Artur, 1918- film producer.
Holland, Agnieszka, 1948- film director, screenwriter.
Hofschneider, Marco, actor.
Wilms, André, actor.
Wanninger, Ashley, actor.
Abramowsky, Klaus, 1933-1998, actor.
Gleizer, Michèle, actor.
Forest, Delphine, 1966- actor.
Delpy, Julie, 1969- actor.
Zischler, Hanns, 1947- actor.
Petrycki, Jacek, director of photography.
Smal, Ewa, editor of moving image work.
Lorente, Isabelle, editor of moving image work.
Preisner, Zbigniew, composer (expression)
Films du losange (Firm), production company.
CCC Filmkunst, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
CC3045DDVD The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|