The works of Rabelais / faithfully translated from the French with variorum notes and numerous illustrations by Gustave Doré.
- Standardized Title:
- Gargantua et Pantagruel. English
- [Place of publication not identified] : Privately printed with twenty additional new illustrations, [193-?]
, viii-xx, 640 pages,  pages of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Gargantua (Legendary character) -- Fiction.
Giants -- Fiction.
Fantasy fiction, French -- 16th century -- Translations into English.
- English translation (by Thomas Urquhart) of Gargantua et Pantagruel only.
Also illustrated by William Siegel.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Rudolph Doré Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Robert I. Rudolph, M.D., C’67, M’71, GME’75.
Rudolph Doré Collection copy: many leaves unopened at tail edge.
Rudolph Doré Collection copy: left board, front free endpaper, and half-title detached; backstrip detached and laid in; pages 639-640 torn at fore-edge.
- Penn Provenance:
- Rudolph, Robert I., M.D. (donor) (Rudolph Doré Collection of Gustave Doré copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Urquhart, Thomas, 1611-1660, translator.
Doré, Gustave, 1832-1883, illustrator.
Siegel, William, 1905- illustrator.
Rudolph, Robert I., M.D., former owner.
Robert I. Rudolph Collection of Gustave Doré (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|