The politics of the book : a study on the materiality of ideas / Filipe Carreira da Silva, Mónica Brito Vieira.
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press,  , ©2019
- Penn State series in the history of the book
Penn State series in the history of the book
xi, 257 pages ; 24 cm.
- Sociology literature -- History and criticism -- Case studies.
Political science literature -- History and criticism -- Case studies.
Books -- Political aspects.
Political science literature.
- Case studies.
Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- "Explores several classic works of social and political thought, examining how the history of their publication materially affected their meaning and reception over time. Case studies include works by Durkheim, Mead, Marx, Du Bois, and Weber"--Provided by publisher.
- Elementary forms and the cultural Durkheim
A classic with no author : G.H. Mead's Mind, self, and society
The dialectic of dissent : Marx's 1844 economic and philosophic manuscripts
When souls came to matter : the many lives of Du Bois' The souls of Black folk
A work in translation : Weber's the protestant ethic
Prophets and princes : on the editing and translation of Tocqueville's Democracy in America.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 223-249)and index.
- Brito Vieira, Mónica, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|