The history of Don Quixote / by Cervantes ; the text edited by J.W. Clark ... and a biographical notice of Cervantes, by T. Teignmouth Shore ... ; illustrated by Gustav Doré.
- Standardized Title:
- Don Quixote. English
- London ; Paris ; & Melbourne : Cassell and Company Limited, [not before 1883]
xxviii, 855,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, 1547-1616.
Cervantes Saavedra, Miguel de, 1547-1616.
Knights and knighthood -- Spain -- Fiction.
Spain -- Social life and customs -- 16th century -- Fiction.
Knights and knighthood.
Manners and customs.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- "The English text of 'Don Quixote' adopted in this edition is that of Jarvis, with occasional corrections from Motteaux' translation."--Page xxi.
Cassell and Company Limited published under that name 1883-1969.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Rudolph Doré Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Robert I. Rudolph, M.D., C’67, M’71, GME’75.
- Penn Provenance:
- Rudolph, Robert I., M.D. (donor) (Rudolph Doré Collection of Gustave Doré copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- 1883 (not before)
- Clark, John Willis, 1833-1910, editor.
Shore, T. Teignmouth (Thomas Teignmouth), 1841-1911, writer of supplementary textual content.
Doré, Gustave, 1832-1883, illustrator.
Jervas, Charles, approximately 1675-1739, translator.
Rudolph, Robert I., M.D., former owner.
Cassell & Company, publisher.
Robert I. Rudolph Collection of Gustave Doré (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|