The modern wife : a novel : in two volumes.
- Dublin : Printed for Boulter Grierson, James Williams, and William Colles, MDCCLXIX 
2 v. ; 17 cm (12mo)
- r-ed arre s!hy do-O (3) 1769 (R) v.1
l.ny nghe y;rk alam (3) 1769 (R) v.2
- Place of Publication:
- Ireland Dublin.
- Each volume has half-title leaf.
Signatures: v. 1: [A]² B-F¹² G⁴ (leaf G4 blank) ; v. 2: [A]² B-E¹² F¹⁰.
Pagination: v. 1: , 126,  pages ; v. 2: , 115,  pages.
Woodcut title ornaments.
Type ornament factotums, head- and tail-pieces.
- Local notes:
- Singer-Mendenhall copy bound in 1 volume.
Singer-Mendenhall copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2019 at auction from Forum Auctions (sale 30 May 2019, lot 390).
Singer-Mendenhall copy has early ms. inscription ("Lady Bell Monck") and cruciform design in pencil on blank leaf preceding half-title leaf of v. 1; autograph ("Isabella Monck") in brown ink on title leaf. Possibly to be identified with Isabella Monck (née Bentinck; 1713-1783).
- Penn Provenance:
- Monck, Isabella (autograph) (Singer-Mendenhall copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- ESTC N60814
- Grierson, Boulter, -1771, bookseller.
Williams, James, -1786, bookseller.
Colles, William, -1790, bookseller.
Collection of British and American Fiction, 1660-1830 (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|