The Ghaznavid and Seljuq Turks [electronic resource] : poetry as a source for Iranian history / G.E. Tetley.
- Other Title:
- Ghaznavid and Seljuk Turks
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Routledge studies in the history of Iran and Turkey.
Routledge studies in the history of Iran and Turkey
1 online resource (220 p.)
- Farrukhī, ʻAlī ibn Jūlūgh, d. 1037 or 8.
Muʻizzī, Amīr ʻAbd Allāh Muḥammad, b. 1048 or 9.
Seljuks -- Iran -- History.
Literature and history.
Poets, Persian -- Biography.
Persian poetry -- 747-1500 -- History and criticism.
Iran -- History -- 640-1256.
- Electronic books.
- This new view on aspects of the Ghaznavid and Seljuk dynasties concentrates on the relationship of the panegyric poets Farrukhi Sistani (c.995-1032) and Mu'izzi (c.1045-1127) to the Ghaznavid and Seljuk rulers and dignitaries for whom they wrote. Dr Tetley investigates the reliability of the historical information which may be gathered from the poems, and draws comparisons with other historical sources.A solid and impressive work of learning, of interest to scholars in Oriental Studies, Medieval Literature, and History, The Ghaznavid and Seljuk Turks: Poetry as a Source for Irani
- BOOK COVER; TITLE; COPYRIGHT; CONTENTS; PREFACE; LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS; INTRODUCTION; 1 THE SOCIAL AND POLITICAL HISTORY OF THE PERIOD: The Turkish element; 2 FARRUKHI SISTANI: His biography, background and patrons to 420/1029; 3 FARRUKHI SISTANI: His biography and patrons from 420/1029 to the end of his career; 4 MU'IZZI: Biography to 485/1092, background, personality; 5 MU'IZZI: Biography, career and patrons, from 485/1092 to the end of Berkyaruq's reign (498/1105); 6 MU'IZZI: Life under Sanjar as Malik, 498/1105 to 510/1117
7 MU'IZZI: The final phase. Life under Sanjar as Sultan, 510/1117 to c.518/1124-27BIBLIOGRAPHY; INDEX
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|