Landscapes of the Itza [electronic resource] : Archaeology and Art History at Chichen Itza and Neighboring Sites / edited by Linnea Wren, Cynthia Kristan-Graham, Travis Nygard, and Kaylee Spencer.
- Gainesville : University Press of Florida, 2017.
1 online resource
- Chichén Itzá Site (Mexico) -- Antiquities.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Mexico -- Chichen Itzá Site.
Indians of Mexico -- Antiquities.
Mayas -- Mexico -- Yucatán (State) -- Antiquities.
- Electronic books.
- It has been fifteen years since a book was devoted to the new theories, paradigms, and investigations of archaeology and art history at Chichen Itza. The volume features five thematic foci: civic space, mythology through art, burials, trade, and landscapes.Due to the widespread awareness of this site, these themes appeal across the regional silos to reach all scholars of ancient America.
- Introduction: looking backward, looking forward at Chichen Itza / Cynthia Kristan-Graham and Linnea Wren
The archaeology of Chichen Itza: its history, what we like to argue about, and what we think we know / Beniamino Volta, Nancy Peniche May and Geoffrey E. Braswell
k'ak'upakal K'inich K'awil and the Lords of the Fire: Chichen Itza during the ninth century / Eduardo Perez de Heredia and Peter Brcent
Rulers without borders: the difficulty of identifying polity boundaries in terminal classic Yucatan and beyond / Scott A.J. Johnson
In the shadow of Quetzalcoatl: how small communities in northern Yucatan responded to the Chichen Itza phenomenon / J. Gregory Smith and Tara M. Bond-Freeman
The Castillo-Sub at Chichen Itza: a re-consideration / Virginia E. Miller
The Osario of Chichen Itza: where warriors danced in paradise / Annabeth Headrick
The least earth: curated landscapes at Chichen Itza / Cynthia Kristan-Graham
To face or to flee from the foe: women in warfare at Chichen Itza / Linnea Wren, Kaylee Spencer, and Travis Nygard.
- Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Spencer, Kaylee R., 1975- editor.
Nygard, Travis, editor.
Kristan-Graham, Cynthia, editor.
Wren, Linnea Holmer, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|