The Jossey-Bass handbook of nonprofit leadership and management / David O. Renz, Robert D. Herman, Editor Emeritus.
- Other records:
- Fourth edition.
- Hoboken, New Jersey : Jossey-Bass, 2016.
- Essential Texts for Nonprofit and Public Leadership and Management
Essential Texts for Nonprofit and Public Leadership and Management
1 online resource (818 p.)
- Nonprofit organizations -- Management.
- Electronic books.
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; Figures, Tables, and Exhibits; The Contributors; The Editor; Introduction to the Fourth Edition; Part One The Context and Institutional Setting of the Nonprofit Sector; Chapter 1 Historical Perspectives on Nonprofit Organizations in the United States; Associations in Early America; Voluntary Associations in the New Republic, 1780-1830; Nation Building, 1860-1920; New Charitable Vehicles, 1890-1930; Big Government, the Nonprofit Sector, and the Transformation of Public Life, 1930-1980; The Conservative Revolution and the Nonprofit Sector, 1980-2000
The New Century and the Transformation of PhilanthropyThe Nonprofit Sector and the Global Challenge; Conclusion; Notes; References; Chapter 2 The Legal Framework of the Nonprofit Sector in the United States; Nonprofit Organizations; Tax-Exempt Organizations; Categories of Tax-Exempt Organizations; Tax-Exempt Organizations Law Basics; Public Charities and Private Foundations; Governance; Developments in Nonprofit Governance; Unrelated Business Rules; Subsidiaries; Joint Ventures; Other Aspects of Law of Exempt Organizations; Organization of IRS; Reference Resources
Chapter 3 The Changing Context of Nonprofit Management in the United StatesIntroduction; The Nonprofit Sector in America; Big Questions for Nonprofit Leaders; Challenges and Opportunities for the Future; Conclusion; Note; References; Chapter 4 The Many Faces of Nonprofit Accountability; Accountability to Whom?; Accountability for What?; Accountability How?; Discussion and Implications; Conclusions; Notes; References; Part Two Leading and Governing Nonprofit Organizations; Chapter 5 Leadership, Governance, and the Work of the Board; The Legal Dimensions of Board Work
The Legal Responsibilities of the Individual Board MemberGovernance, Strategy, and the Work of the Board; The Work of Individual Board Members; Characteristics of Typical Nonprofit Boards; Building Board Capacity to Serve; The Board Builder's Challenge: Taking the Long-Term Developmental Perspective; Conclusion; Notes; References; Chapter 6 Executive Leadership; Executive Centrality; Board-Centered Leadership Skills of Chief Executives; Leadership Across the Boundaries: Impact in the External World; Using the Political Frame; Summary; References
Chapter 7 Ethical Nonprofit Management: Core Values and Key PracticesChapter Overview; What Are ""Ethics""?; Professional Ethics; Misunderstanding Professional Ethics; Core Values for the Voluntary Sector; Ethical Management in Ethical Organizations; From Ideals to Operative Values; Creating and Maintaining a Culture of Integrity; Summary; References; Chapter 8 Strategic Management; Nonprofit Strategic Management Cycle; Service and Resource Opportunities; Delivery Systems and Capabilities; Performance and Control; Conclusion; References
Chapter 9 Strategic Planning and the Strategy Change Cycle
- "Fourth edition."
Includes bibliographical references at the end of each chapters and indexes.
Description based on print version record.
- Renz, David O. (David Owen), editor.
Herman, Robert D., 1946- editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|