Women's movements in Asia : feminisms and transnational activism / edited by Mina Roces and Louise Edwards.
- Other records:
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, N.Y. : Routledge, 2010.
1 online resource (287 p.)
- Feminism -- Asia.
Women -- Political activity -- Asia.
- Electronic books.
- Women's Movements in Asia is a comprehensive study of women's activism across Asia. With chapters written by leading international experts, it provides a full overview of the history of feminism, as well as the current context of the women's movement in 12 countries: the Philippines, China, Indonesia, Japan, Burma, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Korea, India and Pakistan. For each of these countries the manner in which feminism changes according to cultural, political, economic and religious factors is explored. The contributors investigate how
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Acknowledgements; Contributors; 1 Asian feminisms: Women's movements from the Asian perspective; 2 Feminism and the women's movement in the world's largest Islamic nation; 3 Rethinking 'the Filipino woman': A century of women's activism in the Philippines, 1905-2006; 4 Chinese feminism in a transnational frame: Between internationalism and xenophobia; 5 Transnational networks and localized campaigns: The women's movement in Singapore; 6 Crossing boundaries: Transnational feminisms in twentieth-century Japan
7 Feminism, Buddhism and transnational women's movements in Thailand8 Following the trail of the fairy-bird: The search for a uniquely Vietnamese women's movement; 9 The Hong Kong women's movement: Towards a politics of difference and diversity; 10 Military rule, religious fundamentalism, women's empowerment and feminism in Pakistan; 11 Mapping a hundred years of activism: Women's movements in Korea; 12 'Riding a buffalo to cross a muddy field': Heuristic approaches to feminism in Cambodia; 13 Rights talk and the feminist movement in India; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Edwards, Louise P.
Roces, Mina, 1959-
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203851234 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|