Street vendors and the global urban economy [electronic resource] / editor, Sharit K. Bhowmik.
- New Delhi : Routledge, 2010.
1 online resource (343 p.)
- Street vendors.
- Electronic books.
- This volume looks at the living and working conditions of street vendors in different cities of the world. It examines the legal guidelines regarding control of public space and the rights of the working poor to earn their livelihood, and the civic authorities' constant regulation of this space.
- Cover; Street Vendors in the Global Urban Economy; Copyright; Contents; List of Tables; List of Maps; Foreword by Renana Jhabvala; Preface and Acknowledgements; 1 Introduction; 2 Street Vendors in Asia: Survey of Research; 3 Street Vending in Delhi; 4 The Politics of Illegality: Mumbai Hawkers, Public Space and the Everyday Life of the Law; 5 Integrating Street Vendors in City Planning: The Case of Vadodara; 6 Street Vendors in Phnom Penh, Cambodia; 7 Street Food Vending in Bangkok; 8 Street Trading Trends in Africa: A Critical Review
9 Street Trade in Latin America: Demographic Trends, Legal Issues and Vending Organisations in Six Cities10 Governance of Street Trade in Caracas, Venezuela; 11 Clandestine Geometries: Mapping Street Vending in Downtown Sao Paulo; 12 Advocacy Coalitions Influencing Informal Sector Policy: The Case of India's National Urban Street Vendors Policy; About the Editor; Notes on Contributors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Bhowmik, Sharit, 1948-2016.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|