From darkness to light : energy security assessment in Indonesia's power sector / Maxensius Tri Sambodo.
- Singapore : ISEAS, Yusof Ishak Institute, 2016.
1 online resource (xx, 194 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Energy industries.
- Electronic books.
- This book aims to assess multidimensional aspects of energy security in the electricity sector. There are few academic literature that assess regulation and governance, availability, technology development and efficiency, environmental sustainability, and affordability dimension comprehensively. This book demonstrates how these dimensions are interconnected. The publication of this book comes at a timely moment when the Indonesian government needs to provide electricity access to more than 60 million people, to speed up electrification ratio outside Java, to reduce electricity subsidy, and to promote green power system. Moving from "darkness to light", Indonesia needs to strengthen regulation and governance as a basis to elevate other dimensions to move forward.
List of Tables
List of Figures
List of abbreviations
Acknowledgements / Sambodo, Maxensius Tri
2. A Historical Overview of the Electricity Sector
3. Electricity Production and Consumption: Boom and Bust
4. Economic Crisis and Its Impact on the Power Sector
5. Electricity and Economic Growth
6. Electricity and the Environment
7. The Rural Electricity Programme in Indonesia
About the Author
- "ISEAS-Yusof Ishak Institute."
Includes bibliographical references (pages 173-175) and index.
Description based on print version record.
- Project Muse Content Provider
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1355/9789814695480 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|