Australian saltmarsh ecology [electronic resource] / editor, Neil Saintilan.
- Collingwood, Vic. : CSIRO Pub., c2009.
1 online resource (249 p.)
- Salt marsh ecology -- Australia.
Salt marshes -- Australia.
Coastal zone management -- Australia.
- Electronic books.
- "Australian Saltmarsh Ecology presents the first comprehensive review of the ecology and management of Australian saltmarshes. The past 10 years in particular have seen a sustained research effort into this previously poorly understood and neglected resource. In 10 chapters contributed by experts in each discipline, the book outlines what is known of the biogeography and geomorphology of Australian saltmarshes, their fish and invertebrate ecology, the use of Australian saltmarshes by birds and insectivorous bats, and the particular challenges of management, including the control of mosquito pests, and the issue of sea-level rise. It provides a powerful argument that coastal saltmarsh is a unique and critical habitat vulnerable to the combined impacts of coastal development and sea-level rise."--Provided by publisher.
- Contents; List of contributors; Preface; Chapter 1 Australian saltmarshes in global context; Chapter 2 Distribution of Australian saltmarsh plants; Chapter 3 Geomorphology and habitat dynamics; Chapter 4 The ecology of molluscs in Australian saltmarshes; Chapter 5 Ecology of burrowing crabs in temperate saltmarsh ofsouth-east Australia; Chapter 6 Fish on Australian saltmarshes; Chapter 7 Saltmarsh as habitat for birds and other vertebrates; Chapter 8 Ecology and management of mosquitoes; Chapter 9 Protection and management of coastal saltmarsh
Chapter 10 Mapping, assessment and monitoring of saltmarshesIndex
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Saintilan, Neil.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|