International peace jubilee record [electronic resource] : official programme.
- Boston, Massachusetts : McCready & Stearns, publishers
- American Historical Periodicals from the American Antiquarian Society.
American Historical Periodicals from the American Antiquarian Society
1 online resource
Daily during the festival
- International Peace Jubilee (1872 : Boston, Mass.) -- Periodicals.
Franco-Prussian War, 1870-1871 -- Peace -- Periodicals.
- Fair and exhibition periodicals.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Massachusetts Boston.
- Reproduction of the original from the American Antiquarian Society.
Title from masthead.
During the summer of 1872 at the instigation of Patrick S. Gilmore, Boston hosted a three week long musical International Peace Jubilee to celebrate the end of the Franco-Prussian War in Europe. Boston's event organizers were hoping to repeat the success of the previous Peace Jubilee which celebrated the end of the U.S. Civil War but attendance for the 1872 event proved dissappointing.
Not recorded in ULS; not recorded in Amer. newspapers, 1821-1936.
Description based on: Vol. 2, no. 5 (June 21, 1872).
- Gilmore, P. S. (Patrick Sarsfield), 1829-1892.
McCready & Stearns, publisher.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|