Facing challenges and complexities in retention of novice teachers / edited by Denise McDonald.
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Publishing, Inc., 
- Research in curriculum and instruction
Research in curriculum and instruction
vii, 282 pages ; 24 cm.
- Teacher turnover -- Texas -- Houston -- Prevention.
Employee retention -- Texas -- Houston.
First year teachers -- In-service training -- Texas -- Houston.
Teachers -- In-service training -- Texas -- Houston.
First year teachers -- In-service training.
Teachers -- In-service training.
Texas -- Houston.
- "The chapters in the book present in-depth examination of novice teachers' experiences in Houston area schools during their first-through-third year of teaching. Their professional challenges and the unique conditions in which they must navigate their developing and sometimes fragile teacher identity are comprehensively explored"-- Provided by publisher.
- Situating teacher induction in the urban teaching context : a journey through new terrain as novice teachers' : share stories of finding their way / Denise McDonald, Cheryl J. Craig, and Gayle Curtis
Walking with fish, swimming with cats : novice teachers and equity / Michele Kahn
"I feel like Edith Piaf" : a novice teacher's expression of sorrow and hope / Denise M. McDonald
Jekyll and Hyde : one teacher/two schools / Jean Kiekel
Career changers' experiences as neophyte middle school ESL teachers / Kent Divoll, Leslie Gauna, and Angelica Ribeiro
Experiences from the field : voices of novice special education teachers during their induction years / Bernardo Pohl
Becoming an art teacher : prismatic experiences of three beginning visual art teachers / Carrie Markello
The Gordian knot of teacher induction : when context trumps teacher preparation and the desire to teach / Cheryl J. Craig, Paige Evans, Donna Stokes, and Jing Li
Supporting new English language arts teachers as nascent professionals : what enables and impedes their instructional designs and their intentions to help secondary students succeed with the curriculum and required assessments / Laura Turchi and Kristen Nance
Care as an approach for supporting induction years secondary mathematics teachers / Jacqueline Sack and Judith Quander
Integrating technology in the classroom : is it happening? / Xiao Han
When qualifications are not enough : a Latina Spanish bilingual teacher's decision to leave / Christine Beaudry and Leslie Gauna
A big picture view of teacher induction experiences across the disciplines helping policy makers see the forest through the trees / Denise McDonald, Cheryl Craig and Gayle Curtis.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- McDonald, Denise Tutka, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Facing challenges and complexities in retention of novice teachers
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|