Among the wolves of court : the untold story of Thomas and George Boleyn / Lauren Mackay.
- Other Title:
- Untold story of Thomas and George Boleyn
- London : I.B. Tauris, 2018. , ©2018
xiv, 285 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : color illustrations, genealogical table ; 24 cm
- Bullen, Thomas, Sir, 1477-
Anne Boleyn, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1507-1536 -- Family.
Anne Boleyn, Queen, consort of Henry VIII, King of England, 1507-1536.
Bullen, Thomas, Sir, 1477-
Great Britain -- History -- Henry VIII, 1509-1547.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1485-1603.
Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- Biography.
Great Britain -- Court and courtiers -- History -- 16th century.
Courts and courtiers.
Politics and government.
BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Historical.
HISTORY / Modern / 16th Century.
- "Thomas and George Boleyn-- the father and brother of Anne Boleyn and heads of one of the most powerful infamous dynasties in English history. Already key figures in Henry VIII's court, with the ascent of Anne to the throne in 1533 these two men became the most important players on the Tudor stage, with direct access to royalty, and with it, influence. Both were highly skilled ambassadors and courtiers who negotiated their way through the complex and ruthless game of politics with ease. But when the Queen fell from grace just three years later, it was to have a devastating effect on her family - ultimately costing her brother his life. In this book, Lauren Mackay reveals this untold story of Tudor England, bringing into the light two pivotal characters whose part in the rise and swift fall of Anne Boleyn has so far remained cloaked in shadow"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-278) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|