Dark Deleuze / Andrew Culp.
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 
- Forerunners (Minneapolis, Minn.)
Forerunners : ideas first from the University of Minnesota Press
ix, 79 pages ; 18 cm.
- Negativity (Philosophy)
Language and languages.
Deleuze, Gilles, 1925-1995 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Deleuze, Gilles, 1925-1995 -- Language.
Deleuze, Gilles, 1925-1995.
Deleuze, Gilles 1925-1995
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- "French philosopher Gilles Deleuze is known as a thinker of creation, joyous affirmation, and rhizomatic assemblages. In this short book, Andrew Culp polemically argues that this once-radical canon of joy has lost its resistance to the present. Concepts created to defeat capitalism have been recycled into business mantras that joyously affirm "Power is vertical; potential is horizontal!" Culp recovers Deleuze's forgotten negativity. He unsettles the prevailing interpretation through an underground network of references to conspiracy, cruelty, the terror of the outside, and the shame of being human. Ultimately, he rekindles opposition to what is intolerable about this world."--Back cover.
The extinction of being
Advancing toward nothing
Breakdown, destruction, ruin
The call of the outside
- Publication date taken from publisher's Web site.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 72-79).
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|