Producing music / edited by Russ Hepworth-Sawyer, Jay Hodgson, and Mark Marrington.
- New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
- Perspectives on music production
Perspectives on music production series
xv, 339 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- Sound recordings -- Production and direction.
Popular music -- Production and direction.
- Producing Music presents cutting-edge research across topics that both strengthen and broaden the range of the discipline as it currently stands. Bringing together the academic study of music production and practical techniques, this book illustrates the latest research on producing music--back cover.
- Music production and genre. Hip hop production technique and the actor-network ontology / Matt Shelvock ; Boom bap ex machina / Mike Exarchos ; Metal in box : the DAW and the domain of metal music production practice since 2000 / Mark Marrington ; Antonio Carlos jobim : the author as producer / Marcio Pinho, Rodrigo Vicente ; Quarantine zone : vaporwave and the dissection of record production / Josh Ottum ; Classical production : situating historically-informed performances in small rooms / Bob Toft
Music production and technology. Politics of digitizing analog / Pat O'Grady ; Producing music for immersive audio experiences / Rob Lawrence ; Producing 3-D audio / Justin Paterson ; Production moves in a laptop studio : thinking through the creative workflows and possibility spaces of Ableton Live / Thomas Brett ; Real time, remote, collaborative recording sessions : music production without boundaries / Paul Ferguson, Zack Moir
Concepts of production. Re-thinking the audio-object in the context of DAW-based electronic music production practice / Stace Constantinou ; The use of non-linear sonic signatures in music production / Austin Moore ; Russ HS interview with Brakespear/round-table ; Towards a typology of collaborative practice in music production / Robert Wilsmore ; Narrative and the art of record production / Alex Harden
The context of production. Music production pedagogy and its relationship with industry / Alex Baxter ; Conversations with women in music production / Kallie Buccola.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hepworth-Sawyer, Russ, editor.
Hodgson, Jay, editor.
Marrington, Mark, editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Producing music
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|