The enduring legacy of Weimar : graphic design & new typography 1919-1933 / Alston W. Purvis, Cees W. de Jong.
- Munich ; London ; New York : Prestel,  , ©2019
399 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm
- Graphic arts -- History -- 20th century.
Graphic arts -- Germany -- History -- 20th century.
Graphic design (Typography) -- History -- 20th century.
Graphic design (Typography)
- "This vibrant book tells the history of the Modernist design movement and how it completely revolutionized graphic design. A completely new aesthetic approach to graphic design and typography was created in Europe between 1919 and 1933. An avant-garde group of Dadaists, Futurists, and Constructivists created a brilliantly innovative language of design. This comprehensive volume shows how the work of pioneering artists such as El Lissitzky, Jan Tschichold, and László Moholy-Nagy broke conventions in color, typography, and composition, setting new standards in graphic design that are still in use today." -- Publisher's website.
- The future / Cees W. de Jong
Weimer : an overview / Alston W. Purvis
The impact of futurism
German Dada, collage, and photomontage
The Russian influence
Independent designers in the Netherlands
Jan Tschichold and new typography
Weimer's end and its enduring legacy
Evident and alive today / Cees W. de Jong and Alston W. Purvis
Sans-serif typefaces / Cees W. de Jong.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 396-399).
- Jong, Cees de, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|