Social behavior from fish to man / by William Etkin with a chapter by Daniel G. Freedman.
- Other records:
- [Abridged edition]
- [Chicago and London] : University of Chicago Press, Chicago and London, 1967. , ©1967
- Phoenix books (Chicago, Ill.)
Phoenix science series, PSS 533.
[iv], vii, [viii], 205,  pages ; illustrations, 21 cm
- Social behavior in animals.
Manners and customs.
- Medical subjects:
- Publishers' advertisements.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Illinois Chicago
- Co-operation and competition in social behavior
Theories of animal socialization and communication
Types of social organizations in birds and mammals
A biological view of man's social behavior
- "Chapters 1-4 originally appeared in Social behavior and organization among vertebrates, edited by William Etkin"; title page verso.
"An abridgement of Social Behavior and Organization among Vertebrates, with a new chapter by Daniel G. Freedman"; front cover.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 189-200) and index.
Contains publishers' advertisements at the back of the book.
Includes half-title page.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B. (former owner) (autograph) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Freedman, Daniel G., author.
University of Chicago. Press. publisher.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|