Warfare of the Chukchi : (mid-17th to early 20th century) / Alexander K. Nefëdkin ; translated by Richard L. Bland.
- Standardized Title:
- Voennoe delo chukcheĭ. English
- Anchorage, Alaska : US Department of Interior, National Park Service, Shared Beringian Heritage Program, 2014.
- Government document
xii, 303 pages : illustrations, maps ; 29 cm
- Chukchi -- Warfare -- Russia (Federation) -- Chukchi Peninsula.
Chukchi -- Material culture -- Russia (Federation) -- Chukchi Peninsula.
Chukchi -- Russia (Federation) -- Chukchi Peninsula -- Social life and customs.
Eskimos -- Russia (Federation) -- Chukchi Peninsula.
Chukchi -- Social life and customs.
Russia (Federation) -- Chukchi Peninsula.
- Chronology of events
Natural conditions, social life, and military organization
Armament, dress, transportation
Siege and defense
War on the sea
The cult aspects of war
Appendix I. Some aspects of warfare of the Cossacks of Eastern Siberia in the mid-17th
first half of the 18th centuries
Appendix II. Folklore material: Chukchi heroic legends; Koryak stories; Eskimo heroic stories.
- "© the Russian text of Voennoe delo chukchei (seredina XVII-nachalo XX v.) by Alexander K. Nefëdkin (St. Petersburg: Petersburgskoe Vostokovedenie, 2003) was translated into English by Richard L. Bland of the Museum of Natural and Cultural History, University of Oregon, Eugene, and published by the US Department of Interior, National Park Service, Shared Beringian Heritage Program, Anchorage, Alaska, by one-time permission from A.K. Nefëdkin, August 2014"--Page iii.
Shipping list no.: 2016-0390-P.
Translation from the Russian.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 255-297).
- Bland, Richard L., translator.
Shared Beringian Heritage Program (U.S.), publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|