An analytic inventory of DHS headquarters business processes / Jeffrey B. Wenger, R. Kekoa Koehler, Henry H. Willis.
- [Santa Monica, California] : RAND Corporation, 2019.
- Research report (Rand Corporation); RR-2652-DHS.
Research report ; no. 2652
xxi, 67 pages ; 28 cm.
- United States. Department of Homeland Security -- Evaluation.
United States. Department of Homeland Security.
Decision making -- United States -- Case studies.
- Case studies.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Headquarters (DHS-HQ) is developing an Analytic Agenda that defines key actions that DHS-HQ organizations will take in decisionmaking processes. Accordingly, the Analytic Agenda calls for an inventory of decision support analytics and corresponding analytic capabilities within DHS-HQ. A lack of systematic data analytic processes within DHS-HQ precluded the development of a searchable, updatable database of analytic tools. However, this inventory of capabilities supporting DHS component business processes serves as a benchmark for evaluating DHS-HQ analytic maturity and provides strategic direction for improvement. Additionally, it provides a strategic direction for DHS-HQ to improve the data collection and data manipulation of the predominately document-driven process of strategy, requirements development, acquisition program accountability, and risk analysis and evaluation. This report also helps advance the Analytic Agenda by providing a clear and functional working definition of an analytic capability, documenting the decision points at which analytic inputs are required within DHS-HQ business processes, listing and describing the analytic tools that are currently used in DHS-HQ business processes, and identifying potential improvements in business processes, data analytics, and collaboration for DHS.
- Chapter One: Introduction to Analytic Capabilities
Chapter Two: Methodology: Collecting Information to Develop an Inventory of Analytic Capabilities
Chapter Three: DHS-HQ Analytic Capabilities in the Business Process
Chapter Four: The Role of S&T: Chapter Five: Conclusion: Major Findings and Recommendations
Appendix A: Interview Protocol
Appendix B: DHS-HQ Business Process Owner Capability Summaries
Appendix C: DHS-HQ Business Process Flow Charts
Appendix D: DHS-HQ Business Process Analytic Table.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Koehler, R. Kekoa, author
Willis, Henry H., author.
Rand Corporation, issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|