Shakespeare & Stratford / edited by Katherine Scheil.
- Other Title:
- Shakespeare and Stratford
- New York : Berghahn, 2019. , ©2019
- Shakespeare & ; volume 1
x, 105 pages ; 21 cm.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Homes and haunts -- England -- Stratford-upon-Avon.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616.
Dramatists, English -- Homes and haunts -- England -- Stratford-upon-Avon.
Stratford-upon-Avon (England) -- In literature.
Dramatists, English -- Homes and haunts.
England -- Stratford-upon-Avon.
- "As the site of literary pilgrimage since the eighteenth century, the home of the Royal Shakespeare Company and the topic of hundreds of imaginary portrayals, Stratford is ripe for analysis, both in terms of its factual existence and its fictional afterlife. The essays in this volume consider the various manifestations of the physical and metaphorical town on the Avon, across time, genre and place, from America to New Zealand, from children's literature to wartime commemorations. We meet many Stratfords in this collection, real and imaginary, and the interplay between the two generates new visions of the place"-- Provided by publisher.
- Helen Faucit and the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon, 1879 / Christy Desmet
Secret Stratford : Shakespeare's hometown in recent young adult fiction / Susanne Greenhalgh
Stratfordian perambulations : or, walking with Shakespeare / Julie Sanders
Shakespeare's church and the pilgrim fathers : commemorating Plymouth Rock in Stratford / Clara Calvo
Importing Stratford / Katherine Scheil
Afterword : 'dear Shakespeare-land' : investing in Stratford / Nicola J. Watson.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Scheil, Katherine West, 1966- editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Shakespeare and Stratford
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|