All the president's spin : George W. Bush, the media, and the truth / Ben Fritz, Bryan Keefer, and Brendan Nyhan.
- New York : Simon & Schuster, ©2004.
xi, 336 pages ; 22 cm
- Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946- -- Relations with journalists.
Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946- -- Public opinion.
Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946- -- Ethics.
Deception -- Political aspects -- United States.
Public relations and politics -- United States.
Mass media -- Political aspects -- United States.
Mass media and public opinion -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-2009.
War on Terrorism, 2001-2009 -- Public opinion.
Public opinion -- United States.
Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946-
War on Terrorism (2001-2009)
Deception -- Political aspects.
Mass media and public opinion.
Mass media -- Political aspects.
Politics and government
Public relations and politics.
Relations with journalists.
Bush, George W.
- Discusses the tactics of media manipulation employed by George W. Bush and his administration to promote their agenda to the American people, examining the intimidation, criticism, and deception used, and its impact on American democracy.
All the President's Spin, the first book from the editors of the acclaimed nonpartisan website Spinsanity, unmasks the tactics of deception and media manipulation that George W. Bush has used to sell his agenda to the American people. From his campaigns for tax cuts to the debate over war in Iraq, President Bush has employed an unprecedented onslaught of half-truths and strategically ambiguous language to twist and distort the facts. Fritz, Keefer, and Nyhan's powerful critique of Bush's record of policy deception explains why the media has failed to hold him accountable and demonstrates the threat these tactics pose to honest political debate. This is the essential book for every citizen who wants to understand how George W. Bush has misled the nation and why, if left unchallenged, all the President's spin could soon become standard practice -- a devastating development for our democracy. -- Pubisher description.
- 1. Bush's White House : the vanguard of spin
2. From watchdog to lapdog : how Bush has exploited the press
3. Campaign 2000 the origins of the Bush playbook
4. Tax and spin : selling the 2001 tax cut
5. The nature of the truth : science and the environment
6. Undermining dissent after September 11
7. No deficit of dishonesty : tax and budget redux
8. Selling the war in Iraq
9. Revising the record on Iraq
10. Campaign 2004 : spin-related program activities
11. Conclusion : the road we're on and how to change course.
- "A Touchstone book."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Keefer, Bryan.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|