A man of vision : Paul Coremans and the preservation of cultural heritage worldwide : proceedings of the international symposium Paul Coremans, held in Brussels, 15-17 June 2015 / edited by Dominique Deneffe and Dominique Vanwijnsberghe ; with the assistance of Marie-Christine Claes, Robrecht Janssen and Simon Laevers.
- Standardized Title:
- Man of vision (Institut royal du patrimoine artistique (Belgium))
- Brussels : Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage, 2018.
- Scientia artis; v. 15.
Scientia artis ; 15
377 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits ; 30 cm.
- Coremans, Paul, 1908-1965 -- Congresses.
Institut royal du patrimoine artistique (Belgium) -- Congresses.
Art -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.
Institut royal du patrimoine artistique (Belgium)
Art -- Conservation and restoration.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- Contributions in English, French or Dutch, abstracts in English.
- "In June 2015, the Royal Institute for Cultural Heritage (KIK-IRPA) organized an international symposium in honour of its founder and first director Paul Coremans (1908-1965). Exactly fifty years after his death, it was a unique opportunity to look back on his extraordinary career and the impact of his innovative ideas and vision on the conservation and restoration of works of art. His ground-breaking insights have been widely recognized in Belgium and all over the world. Paul Coremans fields of interest were broad: the conservation of works of art in museums, preventive conservation and climate control, the protection of cultural heritage in times of war, a highly topical issue, as well as the status and role of the restorer, the importance of photographic documentation and scientific research, or the detection of art forgeries. Coremans belief in the importance of an interdisciplinary approach to the study of works of art still inspires many art historians, conservator-restorers and scientists today."--Page 4 of cover.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 360-370) and index.
- Deneffe, Dominique, editor.
Vanwijnsberghe, Dominique, editor.
Institut royal du patrimoine artistique (Belgium), issuing body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|