The case for carbon dividends / James Boyce.
- Cambridge, UK ; Medford, MA : Polity Press, 2019.
- Case for series
The case for series
vi, 137 pages ; 20 cm.
- Carbon offsetting.
Carbon offsetting -- Economic aspects.
Carbon offsetting -- Law and legislation.
Emissions trading -- Economic aspects.
- "The supreme challenge of our time is tackling climate change. We urgently need to curtail our use of fossil fuels - but how can we do so in a just and feasible way? In this compelling book, leading economist James Boyce shows that the key to solving this conundrum is to put a price on carbon emissions, thereby generating powerful incentives for clean energy. But there is a formidable hurdle: how do we secure broad public support for a policy that increases fuel costs for consumers? Boyce powerfully argues that carbon pricing can only be made just and politically durable if linked to returning the revenue to the public as carbon dividends. Founded on the principle that the gifts of nature belong to us all, not to corporations or governments, this bold reform could spark a 21st century clean energy revolution. Essential reading for all concerned citizens, policy-makers, and students of public policy and environmental economics, this book will be a transformative contribution to one of the most important policy debates of our era"-- Provided by publisher.
"In this compelling book, leading economist James Boyce shows that the key to curtailing our use of fossil fuels is to put a price on carbon emissions. But how do we secure broad public support for a policy that increases fuel costs for consumers? This book's proposed solution is essential reading for all concerned citizens and policy-makers"-- Provided by publisher.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Why Cut Carbon?
2.Why a Price on Carbon?
3.What is Carbon Rent?
4.The Carbon Dividend.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Boyce, James K. Case for carbon dividends.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|