Shabbat : a peaceful island / by Malka Drucker ; drawings by Brom Hoban.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Holiday House, ©1983.
- Drucker, Malka. Jewish holidays book
A Jewish holidays book
95 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Sabbath -- Juvenile literature.
- Childrens subjects:
- Juvenile works.
- Discusses the origins, rituals, and evening meal of the Sabbath holiday; special Sabbaths that occur during the year; and Sabbath customs celebrated in other countries. Includes games, recipes, puzzles, and crafts. Provides information on the origins, rituals, customs of celebration of the Jewish Sabbath, describes the special Sabbath evening meal, and explains special Sabbaths throughout the year.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 91) and index.
- Local notes:
- Presented to the Penn Libraries by the Board of Governors of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (donor)
- Hoban, Brom, illustrator.
Library of Adas Kodesch Shel Emeth (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|