Time, migration and forced immobility : Sub-Saharan African migrants in Morocco / Inka Stock.
- Bristol, UK : Bristol University Press ; Chicago, IL, USA : Policy Press, 2019.
- Global migration and social change
Global migration and social change
ix, 192 pages : illustration, maps ; 25 cm.
- Noncitizens -- Morocco -- Social conditions.
Africa, Sub-Saharan -- Emigration and immigration.
Europe -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
Morocco -- Emigration and immigration.
Noncitizens -- Social conditions.
Emigration and immigration -- Government policy.
- This book is concerned with the effects of migration policy making in Europe on migrants in the Global South and links insights on immobility to social theories of time to examine the human consequences of current migration dynamics from the perspectives of migrants themselves. Based on in-depth ethnographic research, this is an invaluable learning resource that aims to challenge current international migration politics and policy-making.
- EU externalization policies and their impact on migrants in Morocco
Travelling adventures : migration as an existential quest
Arriving in Morocco : becoming trapped in a context of uncertainty
Facing time and the absurd
Migrant communities in Morocco
Waiting in desperate hope.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 169-183) and index.
- Other format:
- Online version: Stock, Inka. Time, migration and forced immobility.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|