Africa's business revolution : how to succeed in the world's next big growth market / by Acha Leke, Mutsa Chironga, and Georges Desvaux.
- Boston, Massachusetts : Harvard Business Review Press,  , ©2018
xvi, 222 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Business enterprises -- Africa.
Economic development -- Africa.
Africa -- Economic conditions -- 1960-
Capitalism -- Africa.
- Africa still lags far behind other regions on most key measures. But that's about to change. By 2025 spending by African consumers and businesses will exceed $5 trillion, and by 2035 Africa will have the world's largest urban population and a workforce larger than China's or India's. That points to exciting opportunities for global and Africa-based companies looking to access new growth markets--and to build large, profitable businesses in sectors ranging from resources to manufacturing to services. Their momentum will be fuelled by Africa's young and fast-growing population and by the rapid adoption of technology across the continent. But Africa's business environment remains poorly understood and known to many executives in the West only by its reputation for complexity, contradiction, and corruption. Africa's Business Revolution provides the inside story on business in Africa and its future growth prospects, and helps executives understand and seize the opportunities for building profitable, sustainable businesses. The authors--Acha Leke, Mutsa Chironga, and Georges Desvaux--are senior leaders in McKinsey's African offices and draw on in-depth proprietary research by the McKinsey Global Institute as well as their own extensive experience advising corporate and government leaders across Africa. Brimming with company case studies and exclusive interviews with some of Africa's most prominent executives, this book comes to life with the vibrant stories of those who have navigated the many twists and turns on the road to building successful businesses on the continent.-- Provided by publisher.
- Part I. Why Africa, why now?
A giant awakes
The big five : growth trends with a twist
Part II. How to win in Africa : a strategic guide
Map your Africa strategy
Innovate your business model
Build resilience for the long term
Unleash Africa's talent
Conclusion : Do well by doing good.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 193-197) and index.
- Chironga, Mutsa, author.
Desvaux, Georges, author.
Harvard Business Review Press, publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|