For the win : how game thinking can revolutionize your business / Kevin Werbach, Dan Hunter.
- Other Title:
- How game thinking can revolutionize your business
- Philadelphia : Wharton Digital Press, 2012.
144 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Marketing -- Social aspects -- Games.
Marketing -- Social aspects.
Marknadsföring -- sociala aspekter.
- Millions play Farmville, Scrabble, and countless other games, generating billions in sales each year. The careful and skillful construction of these games is built on decades of research into human motivation and psychology: A well-designed game goes right to the motivational heart of the human psyche. In For the Win, Kevin Werbach and Dan Hunter argue persuasively that game-makers need not be the only ones benefiting from game design. Werbach and Hunter, lawyers and World of Warcraft players, created the world's first course on gamification at the Wharton School. In their book, they reveal how game thinking--addressing problems like a game designer--can motivate employees and customers and create engaging experiences that can transform your business. For the Win reveals how a wide range of companies are successfully using game thinking. It also offers an explanation of when gamifying makes the most sense and a 6-step framework for using games for marketing, productivity enhancement, innovation, employee motivation, customer engagement, and more.
- Why can't business be fun?
Getting into the game : An introduction to gamification
Game thinking : Learning to think like a game designer
The gamification toolkit : Game elements
Game changer : Six steps to gamification
Epic fails : And how to avoid them.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 135-136) and index.
- Hunter, Dan, 1966-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|