The future of ocean governance and capacity development : essays in honor of Elisabeth Mann Borgese (1918-2002) / edited by the International Ocean Institute-Canada, Dirk Werle, Paul R. Boudreau, Mary R. Brooks, Michael J.A. Butler, Anthony Charles, Scott Coffen-Smout, David Griffiths, Ian McAllister, Moira L. McConnell, Ian Porter, Susan J. Rolston, Peter G. Wells.
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
xxviii, 562 pages ; 25 cm
- Law of the sea.
Law of the sea.
- The International Ocean Institute - Canada has compiled over 80 insightful essays on the future of ocean governance and capacity development. The book honors the work of Elisabeth Mann Borgese (1918-2002), preeminent ocean advocate and founder of the IOI.0More than 90 leading experts explore future challenges and opportunities for ocean governance and capacity development. Major themes include the law of the sea, ocean sciences, integrated coastal and ocean management, fisheries and aquaculture, communication and negotiations, maritime safety and security, ocean energy, and maritime transportation. These themes parallel those covered in the Institute's annual Training Program at Dalhousie University in Canada. The essay collection is aimed at professionals, students and citizens alike.
- Forword / Betsy Baker
Foreword / Brian Flemming
Introduction: The future of ocean governance and capacity development / the editors
Part 1. Perspectives on ocean governance
Part 2. Capacity development for responsible ocean governance
Part 3. Law of the sea and principled ocean governance
Part 4. Ocean sciences
Part 5. Integrated coastal and ocean management
Part 6. Fisheries and aquaculture
Part 7. Ocean energy
Part 8. Maritime safety and security
Part 9. Maritime transportation
Part 10. Communication and negotiation.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Borgese, Elisabeth Mann, honouree.
Werle, Dirk, 1956- editor.
International Ocean Institute-Canada.
- Other format:
- Online version: Future of ocean governance and capacity development.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|