The American practical dyer's companion : comprising a description of the principal dye-stuffs and chemicals used in dyeing, their nature and uses, mordants, and how made : with the best American, English, French, and German processes for bleaching and dyeing silk, wool, cotton, linen, flannel, felt, dress goods, mixed and hosiery yarns, feathers, grass, felt, fur, wool, and straw hats, jute yarn, vegetable ivory, mats, skins, furs, leather, etc. etc. by wood, aniline and other processes ... embracing in all over eight hundred receipts for colors and shades, accompanied by one hundred and seventy dyed samples of raw materials and fabrics / by F. J. Bird, practical dyer, author of "The dyer's handbook."
- Other records:
- Philadelphia : Henry Carey Baird & Co., industrial publishers, booksellers, and importers, 810 Walnut Street ; London : Sampson Low, Marston, Searle & Rivington, Crown Buildings, 188 Fleet Street, 1882.
xxvii, -388, 31 pages : mounted samples ; 24 cm (8vo)
- Dyes and dyeing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Dyes and dyeing.
- Sample books.
Handbooks and manuals.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
Bleaching wool, cotton, linen, etc.
Felt piece dyeing
Miscellaneous wool dyeing, etc.
Substitutes for indigo
Dyeing dress goods
Dyeing mixed and hosiery yarns
Miscellaneous dyeing, cleaning, bleaching, and other processes
Finishing of silk, cotton, wool, shoddy, etc.
Some aniline and other new dye wares and processes, etc.
Mordants and dye wares
New receipts and colors.
- Includes index.
Includes publisher's advertisements (31 pages at end).
- Henry Carey Baird & Co., publisher.
Sampson Low, Marston, Searle & Rivington, publisher.
- Other format:
- Online version: Bird, F.J. (Frederick J.). American practical dyer's companion.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|