All together now : American holiday symbolism among children and adults / Cindy Dell Clark.
- New Brunswick : Rutgers University Press, 
- Rutgers series in childhood studies
xvi, 197 pages ; 24 cm.
- Holidays -- Social aspects -- United States.
Families -- United States.
Symbolism -- United States.
United States -- Social life and customs.
Manners and customs.
- "In All Together Now, Cindy Dell Clark, through a study spanning from 1985 to 2015, addresses major American family holidays, including Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Halloween, Christmas, and Hanukkah and explores the complex interactions within families. Her book integrates children's involvement in American family holidays and is relevant to the broad attempt in the anthropology and sociology of childhood to include children's perspectives in larger theorizing by mainstream disciplines"-- Provided by publisher.
- Spring season: Easter
Summer season: Memorial Day and July 4th
Autumn season: Halloween
Winter season: Christmas and Chanukah
How ritual meaning comes together.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781978802018 (web PDF)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|