The blue wave : the 2018 midterms and what they mean for the 2020 elections / Larry J. Sabato and Kyle Kondik.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield, 
viii, 293 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- United States. Congress -- Elections, 2018.
United States. Congress -- Elections, 2020.
United States. Congress.
Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 2020.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2017-.
Politics and government.
Presidents -- Election.
- Early results on election night suggested that Democrats had failed to make significant gains in the 2018 midterms. After all the votes were counted, a blue wave crashed on American electoral politics as Democrats won the House the Representatives and made significant gains at the state and local levels. In this book, Larry Sabato and Kyle Kondik bring together respected journalists and academics from across the political spectrum to examine every facet of the 2018 election, and what its outcome portends for our national politics and the coming 2020 presidential election. In frank, accessible prose, each author offers insight that goes beyond the headlines, and dives into the underlying forces and shifts that drove the election from its earliest developments to its eventual conclusion, long after the polls closed. -- Publisher.
- The blue wave : Trump at midterm / Larry J. Sabato
The Trump effect : the 2018 midterm election as a referendum on a polarizing president / Alan I. Abramowitz
The primaries : Democrats shine in the shadow of Trump / Rhodes Cook
Humpty Dumpty's fall : how Trump's winning presidential coalition broke down in 2018 / David Byler
The House : where the blue wave hit the hardest / Kyle Kondik
The Senate : the Republicans' bright spot / James Hohmann
The governors : Democratic wave falls short of a wipeout / Madelaine Pisani
The money wars : emerging campaign finance trends and their impact on 2018 and beyond / Michael Toner and Karen Trainer
Women rule : the surge of women in Congress / Emily C. Singer
Hindsight in 2020 : black voting behavior and the next presidential election / Theodore R. Johnson
The brown tide and the blue wave in 2018 / Matt Barreto, Gary Segura, and Albert Morales
Presidential media and the midterm elections / Diana Owen
Foresight is 2020 : new features of the Democratic delegate selection rules / Joshua T. Putnam
Was 2018 a wave election? / Sean Trende.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sabato, Larry, editor.
Kondik, Kyle, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|