Money and coinage in the Middle Ages [Electronic resource] edited by Rory Naismith.
- Other Title:
- Brill's Companions to Late Antiquity and Medieval Studies Online.
- Boston : Brill, 2018.
- Late Antiquity and Medieval Studies E-Books Online, Collection 2019, ISBN: 9789004386303.
Brill's Companions to Late Antiquity and Medieval Studies Online I, ISBN: 9789004389205.
Brill's Companions to Late Antiquity and Medieval Studies Online I, ISBN: 9789004389205
Late Antiquity and Medieval Studies E-Books Online, Collection 2019, ISBN: 9789004386303
1 online resource
- Money -- Europe -- History -- To 1500.
Numismatics -- Europe -- History -- To 1500.
Economic history -- Medieval, 500-1500.
Commerce -- History -- Medieval, 500-1500.
- "This volume is about ways of studying medieval money, and especially the most direct manifestation of money: coinage. It is intended to introduce readers to a range of approaches to a subject that has traditionally been seen as somewhat specialized; a domain of highly technical study which often seems to sit at some remove from the mainstream of historical and archaeological research. One important aim of the chapters offered here is to show ways in which money can be incorporated into analysis of the Middle Ages more broadly"-- Provided by publisher.
- Money and currency / Gaspar Feliu
Money orders' and it's done! Activating theories of money's origins and orders / Bill Maurer
From the fall of Rome to Charlemagne (c.400-800) / Alessia Rovelli
From Charlemagne to the Commercial Revolution (c.800-1150) / Andrew R. Woods
From the Commercial Revolution to the Black Death (c.1150-1350) / Richard Kelleher
From the Black Death to the New World (c.1350-1500) / Philipp Robinson Rössner
Money and society / Rory Naismith
Money and the Economy / Nick Mayhew
Money, coins, and Archaeology / Nanouschka Myrberg Burström
Money and literature / Elizabeth Edwards
Art in the round : tradition and creativity in early Anglo-Saxon coinage / Anna Gannon
Coins and identity : from mint to paradise / Lucia Travaini.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Naismith, Rory, editor.
- Other format:
- Print version: Money and Coinage in the Middle Ages
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1163/9789004383098 DOI
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|