The Stuarts. Episode 2, King Charles I [electronic resource] / director, Lyndy Saville.
- Other Title:
- King Charles I
Academic Video Online.
- United Kingdom : 3DD Productions, 2018.
1 online resource (48 minutes)
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649.
Great Britain -- Kings and rulers.
Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649.
Great Britain -- History -- Charles I, 1625-1649.
Great Britain -- History -- Stuarts, 1603-1714.
- Documentary television programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- King Charles I succeeds his father King James I in 1625. The ties between the Wynn family and the ruling Stuarts grows ever closer as Sir Richard Wynn joins his King on an ill-fated voyage intended to gain the Infanta of Spain's hand in marriage. Having failed, Charles marries the daughter of the King of France instead, putting a Catholic Queen back on the throne. Religious upheaval along with Charles' dismissal of Parliament and authoritarian rule eventually leads to a civil war. In the end, a king is beheaded and a commoner named Oliver Cromwell seizes power.
- Presented by Kate Williams.
- "A bloody reign".
Title from resource description page (viewed June 11, 2019).
- Saville, Lyndy, director.
3DD Productions, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|