We are the weather : saving the planet begins at breakfast / Jonathan Safran Foer.
- First edition.
- New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2019.
272 pages ; 22 cm
- Livestock -- Climatic factors.
Climatic changes -- Prevention.
Global warming -- Prevention.
Vegetation and climate.
- Our planet is warming because of human activity. Foer believes the task of saving the planet will involve a great reckoning with ourselves-- with our all-too-human reluctance to sacrifice immediate comfort for the sake of the future. We have, he reveals, turned our planet into a farm for growing animal products, and the consequences are catastrophic. Saving our home and way of life starts with what we eat-- and don't eat-- for breakfast. -- adapted from jacket
How to prevent the greatest dying
Dispute with the soul
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -270).
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Altemus Fund bookplate.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|