Eternal light : the sacred stained-glass windows of Louis Comfort Tiffany / Catherine Shotick ; with an essay by Elizabeth De Rosa.
- Chicago : The Richard H. Driehaus Museum in association with D. Giles Limited, 
- Minneapolis, MN : Consortium Book Sales & Distribution
84 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 32 cm
- Tiffany, Louis Comfort, 1848-1933 -- Exhibitions.
Tiffany, Louis Comfort, 1848-1933.
Stained glass windows -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Exhibitions.
Glass painting and staining -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Exhibitions.
Glass painting and staining.
Stained glass windows.
Illinois -- Chicago.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- "Louis Comfort Tiffany, and the Tiffany Studios he founded, are internationally famous today for their inventive, intricate, and vibrantly colored leaded glass work. Ecclesiastical commissions made up the majority of Tiffany's work, and his innovative application of opalescent glass to windows radically transformed the interiors of religious institutions in America. Eternal Light: The Sacred Stained- Glass Windows of Louis Comfort Tiffany is the first volume to focus exclusively on Tiffany's celebrated ecclesiastical windows, presenting ten of the most significant religious windows produced by Tiffany Studios between 1880 and 1925, and the important collection of Tiffany works at The Richard H. Driehaus Museum. Tiffany's masterpieces tell stories of American entrepreneurship, of places of worship, and of evolving relationships to religion. This volume not only focuses on the beautiful and exceptionally crafted objects in the collection, but it also delves into the ideas and stories, including the progressive technologies, designers, and patrons behind the windows. As well as comparative details there are two special gate-fold inserts which highlight two of the windows--Christ and the Apostles, 1890 and Ecclesiastical Angels, 1905"-- Provided by publisher.
- Richard H. Driehaus, collector of Tiffany : an appreciation / Rolf Achilles
Louis Comfort Tiffany's modern religious windows / Elizabeth De Rosa
Catalogue / Catherine Shotick
Tiffany's process : the making of a stained-glass window
Tiffany and the Chicago World's Fair of 1893
- Published in conjunction with the exhibition held September 7, 2019-March 8, 2020 at the Richard H. Driehaus Museum, Chicago, Illinois.
Includes bibliographical references (page 23) and index.
- Local notes:
- Athenaeum copy: Dornsife fund bookplate.
- Tiffany, Louis Comfort, 1848-1933, artist.
Richard H. Driehaus Museum, host institution, publisher.
- De Rosa, Elizabeth. Louis Comfort Tiffany's modern religious windows.
Achilles, Rolf. Richard H. Driehaus, collector of Tiffany.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|