Political legitimacy / edited by Jack Knight and Melissa Schwartzberg.
- New York : New York University Press,  , ©2019
- Nomos; 61.
Nomos ; LXI
xii, 393 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Legitimacy of governments.
Legitimacy of governments.
- Introduction / Melissa Schwartzberg
Part I. Foundations of legitimacy : autonomy, assent, and obligation. Legitimacy and self-determination / Anna Stilz ; In defense of functionalism / Jonathan Quong ; Is political legitimacy worth promoting? / Amanda R. Greene ; The sovereign and the republic : a republican view of political obligation / Ekow N. Yankah
Part II. The justification of institutional authority. Political legitimacy under epistemic constraints : why public reasons matter / Fabienne Peter ; Legitimacy as a right to err / Daniel Viehoff ; Official intentions and political legitimacy : the case of the travel ban / Micah Schwartzman ; The political legitimacy of international NGOs / Jennifer C. Rubenstein
Part III. Beliefs about legitimacy and compliance. Evaluating consensual models of governance : legitimacy-based law / Tom R. Tyler ; On the empirical measurement of legitimacy / Jeffrey A. Lenowitz ; The empirical study of legitimate authority : normative guidance for positive analysis / Sanford C. Gordon and Gregory A. Huber ; Trustworthy government and legitimating beliefs / Margaret Levi.
- "This volume of NOMOS ... emerged from papers and commentaries given at the annual meeting of the American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy, held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the American Philosophical Association, Central Division, in Kansas City, Missouri, on March 1-2, 2017."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Knight, Jack, 1952- editor.
Schwartzberg, Melissa, 1975- editor.
American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy, sponsoring body.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|