The proliferation of privileged partnerships between the European Union and its neighbours / edited by Sieglinde Gstöhl and David Phinnemore.
- London ; New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
- Routledge studies in European foreign policy
viv, 210 pages ; 25 cm.
- European Union.
European Union countries -- Foreign relations.
European Union countries -- Foreign economic relations.
European Union countries -- Politics and government.
International economic relations.
Politics and government.
Europe -- European Union countries.
- "This edited volume provides a timely analysis of the European Union's 'privileged' partnerships with neighbouring countries identifying key points of comparison. It analyses which policy areas are covered and why, the reasons why a specific institutional arrangement has been chosen, the major advantages and shortcomings for both sides, and how effectively the privileged partnerships have worked in practice. Drawing on a number of case studies, the book highlights critical junctures and path dependence in the EU's external relations and examines what general lessons can be drawn regarding privileged partnerships, in particular with a view to the UK's post-Brexit relationship with the EU. This book will be of key interest to scholars, students and practitioners in EU affairs, European politics, diplomacy studies, and more broadly to international relations and law"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction: Privileged partnerships between the European Union and third states / Sieglinde Gstöhl And David Phinnemore
Privileged partnerships : the partnership countries' (institutional) perspective / Georges Baur
The institutional framework of the European Economic Area : a flexible but highly complex two-pillar system / Christian Frommelt
Switzerland and the EU: current issues and new challenges under the draft institutional framework agreement / Christine Kaddous
Unique, yet archetypal : relations between the European Union and Andorra, Monaco and San Marino / Francesco Maiani
The institutional framework of the Eastern Partnership Association agreements and the deep and comprehensive free trade areas / Guillaume Van der Loo
The EU-Turkey customs union : shortcomings and prospects for modernization / Özlem Terzi
The EU's sectoral communities with neighbours : the case of the energy community / Dirk Buschle and Rozeta Karova
UK withdrawal from EU membership : the quest for cake / David Phinnemore
Conclusion: The EU and its privileged partnerships / Sieglinde Gstöhl and David Phinnemore.
- Includes bibliographical referencesx and index.
- Gstöhl, Sieglinde, 1964- editor.
Phinnemore, David, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|