Annual Address to the Board of Directors, September 30, 1963 [electronic resource] / George D Woods.
- Other Title:
- World Bank other research.
- Washington, D.C. : The World Bank, 1963.
- Speeches of World Bank Presidents.
World Bank e-Library
Speeches of World Bank Presidents.
- Government document
1 online resource
- Local subjects:
- Debt. (search)
Private Investment. (search)
Trade Policy. (search)
- George D. Woods, President of the World Bank Group, discussed the following: the willingness of the capital-exporting countries to continue and increase their annual contributions in support of the International Development Association (IDA); the operations of the International Finance Corporation (IFC); and the growing activity of the Bank Group, under the leadership of IFC, in the establishment and support of local private industrial finance companies. He addressed three problems that put a brake on economic progress: the commodity problem, the debt problem, and the policy problem. He sought expansion of Bank support to agriculture, industry, and education.
- Woods, George D.
- Publisher Number:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|